Day one of the Powering the change conference features a packed double-bill considering how we can retain and preserve value in buildings, while still accommodating the needs of the future.
session preview: Reshaping our built environment - part one
Why bother reusing buildings when it is cheaper to knock down and start over?How can we design today’s buildings to be ‘material banks’ of the future?
- Carol Lemmens, Global Management Consulting Business Leader, Arup (Netherlands)
- Jad Oseyran, Lead - Global Center of Competence, IBM (Netherlands)
- Matthew Waltho, Sustainability Manager, Tonsley Innovation District, Renewal SA (South Australia)
session preview: Reshaping our built environment - part two
From better reuse to rethinking how apartments could link in with the circular economy, what is the state of play in Australia – and what new projects will be the standard of tomorrow?
This panel session will explore the challenges of developing the collaborative partnerships that make it possible to do things differently.
- Blake Lindley, Senior Sustainability Consultant, Edge Environment (NSW)
- Paul Davy, Director, D Squared Consulting (SA)
- Dr David Ness, Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Natural and Built Environment UniSA (SA)